Datuk Dr. Paul Chan, Vice-Chancellor of HELP University addressing the students and their families at the Pearson Excellence Awards Ceremony at Wisma CL.
The HELP Academy A-Levels Department recently celebrated a momentous win as fifty-six of their Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Level programme students won the Pearson Excellence Awards. This is in recognition of students who scored a grade of A and above for a minimum of 3 subjects in the 2021 examinations. Last year, the A-Levels department won fifteen of these awards.
At the award presentation ceremony, Datuk Dr. Paul Chan, the Vice-Chancellor of HELP University said, “Today is a very important event because it marks another accomplishment and a high level of achievement as a provider of the very successful A-Levels programme, the Pearson Edexcel A Level programme.
The Guest Speaker, Miss Ng Boon Teen, Head of Business Development, SEA Pearson School Qualifications said, “For the year 2021, HELP Academy has produced the highest number of Pearson Edexcel Award winners for the International A-Levels examinations in the APEC Region, with an impressive fifty-six Excellence Award winners. In fact, this high number of achievers represents about twenty-one percent of total A-Levels achievers in the APEC Region. This is more than any other school, including some very established schools in Singapore, Japan and Thailand. Congratulations to HELP Academy!’
Miss Ng added that these results are a testament to the hard work and dedication that the academic team has put in to ensure that the leaners at HELP Academy achieve excellent results. The minimum criteria for winning this award is to obtain grades of A and above in three subjects or more.
HELP Academy A-Levels students lining up to receive their award & certificates of appreciation.
The session culminated with the award and certificate of appreciation presentation ceremony followed by a tea party for the attendees.
The Deputy Head of the A-Levels Department, Ms. Tan Kimmie said, “As a department, we are extremely proud our students for having achieved these awards. However, at a more personal level, our teachers know these students individually and their pride is more akin to what a parent or a mentor would feel for their charges. We are always rooting for our students, not just while they are studying with us but forwards into their future. We cheer for every milestone they achieve.”
Ms. Kimmie added that, “This achievement validates our belief in the quality of the education we provide. All of our teachers have many years of teaching experience and we have faith in their capabilities as educators. A victory for our students is a victory for the teachers as well. However, we are mindful not to rest on our laurels and will strive to give our best to every new cohort of students.”
On the A-Levels students’ success and achievements, Ms. Kimmie wished the students all the best in their future endeavours. She also advised them to never cease to be curious and to always continue to learn.
Why study A-Levels at HELP Academy?
Why A-Levels @ HELP?
- We have coached A-Level students to enter the world’s top universities every single year for more than 20 years.
- Winner of 179 awards in various categories for the Pearson Edexcel Board.
- We are the first centre in the country to offer both the Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Level and Cambridge International Advance Level syllabus.
- The Getting the Edge (GTE) Programme cultivates leadership and organisational skills among students.
- Dedicated Student Placement Centre staff assist our A-Level students with admission and study award matters.
- Unique Pastoral Care: each student is assigned to a mentor who monitors and guides them on their academic performance and provides advice on applications for university admission.
- State-of-the-art facilities; Our Curie Science Laboratory is equipped with top quality apparatus and safety features.
- Recognized by the QCA, UK and fully accredited by the Malaysian MQA.
- We have a strong academic team with highly experienced teachers who provide an excellent foundation for students to perform well in exams.
- We are centrally located with very close access to public transportation.